Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hansel and Gretel

I love reading fairy tales. I found a new edition of Hansel and Gretel at the library today. It was exciting but not just because I like to read fairy stories. I love it when children's book illustrators really get into the stories they are portraying. Like Jen Corace. I had never heard of her before today and I'm rather sorry I hadn't. Her painting's for Hansel and Gretel were so sweet and simple and I absolutely adored Gretel's wardrobe. Almost immediately after arriving home I was sitting with Gretel and my sketchbook.



My sketch of Gretel's dress and coat.



The book cover.

I have four little sisters and I'm certain one of them would love to have a new coat. I even have a wool blend on hand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Those little outfits look just lovely. :)
Yours,
Janna
P.s. I "tagged" you in the "Six Random Things About Me" meme on my blog.