1 cup flour 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal 1/2 t salt 1 stick butter 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 t vanilla
1) Preheat the oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients. Combine butter and 1/4 cup sugar. 2) Add the vanilla and egg yolk to butter mixture, combine. Gradually add the dry. 3) Roll dough into balls, roll in egg white and then remaining sugar. 4) Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press thumb into the middle of each cookie. Bake 15 minutes. 5) When done, fill the hole with jam or jelly of your choice.
I just thought I would share a new blog with you tonight. Earlier today it was brought to my attention that Salley Mavor, one of my favorite designers, has begun an online journal. And if you do absolutely nothing else you must have a look at this post. Isn't that project simply amazing?!
I found this one on Ribbons of Light and thought it looked like great fun! Enjoy!
List twelve fictional characters that you love from any fandom, and then answer the following questions.
1. Samwise Gamgee (The Lord of the Rings)
2. Jane Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
3. Mr. Knightly (Emma)
4. Lucy Pevensie (The Chronicles of Narnia)
5. Kate Nickelby (Nicholas Nickelby)
6. Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre)
7. Elinor Dashood (Sense and Sensibility)
8. Arwen (The Lord of the Rings)
9. Mr. Carter (Cranford)
10. Mr. Thornton (North and South)
11. Captain Jack Aubrey (Master and Commander)
12. Hazel (Watership Down)
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Jane Eyre) or 11 (Cap. Aubrey)?
- Hmm… I think I’m going to say Jane. I think the Cap. could be one too but I don’t think he would enjoy it.
2. 12 (Hazel) sends 8 (Arwen) out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
- Oh, dear. Umm… well, maybe he needs to communicate with the farm. I’m sure Arwen could speak rabbit and I would say that whatever the mission was it succeeded.
3. What is or would be 9's (Mr. Carter) favorite book?
- Probably something by Dickens, but don’t tell Miss Deborah that!
4. For some reason, 5 (Kate) is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 (Mr. Carter) or 10 (Mr. Thornton)?
- I don’t think she would like either of them!
5. 2 (Jane Bennet) , 7 (Elinor), and 12 (Hazel) have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
- Oh, they would get along well! I think they would go Chick-fil-la and they discuss what it’s like to be in charge and how it feels to finally get exactly what you want in life.
6. 3 (Mr. Knightley) challenges 10 (Mr. Thronton) to a duel. What happens?
- Hmm… that wouldn’t be pretty! They both are calm most of the time but they also both have a temper! I think they would resolve things in the end though.
7. If 1 (Sam) stole 8's (Arwen) most precious possession, how would she/he get it back?
- I wonder how a hobbit would go about stealing an expert ranger? Hmm… I’ll have to think about that one.
8. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 (Elinor) and 12 (Hazel) both attain what they most desire.
- “Peace, Plenty and the Joys of Raising Chickens”
9. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 (Lucy) and 1 (Sam) to work together?
- They would do pretty well working together. Lucy would like the hobbits!
10. If 7 (Elinor) visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
11. If you could command 3 (Mr. Knightley) to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
- I really don’t know. A few archery lessons might be fun : ).
12. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11 (Cap. Aubrey)?
- I highly doubt it.
13. If 2 (Jane Bennet) had to choose sides between 4 (Lucy) and 5 (Kate), which would it be? - Oh, that’s a hard one! I’m going to say… Kate. She doesn’t have much help and Lucy does.
14. What might 10 (Mr. Thornton) shout while charging into battle?
- Ahhhh… how about “This is for my mother!”
15. If you chose a song to represent 8 (Arwen) , which song would you choose?
- Well “Arwen’s Song” of course! (It’s “The Houses of Healing” on the play list)
16. 1 (Sam), 6 (Sam), and 12 (Hazel) are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
- Sam of course!
17. What would 5 (Kate) most likely be arrested for?
- Aiding and abetting a kidnapper.
18. What is 6's (Jane Eyre) secret?
- Well that’s easy! She’s in love with Mr. Rochester.
19. If 11 (Cap. Aubrey) and 9 (Mr. Carter) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
- Probably the Captain.
20. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 (Elinor) or 8 (Arwen)?
- Arwen, provided she brought her sword.
21. 1 (Sam) and 9 (Mr. Carter) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's (Lucy) sinister secret organization. 11 (Cap. Aubrey) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4 (Lucy). Meanwhile, 4 (Lucy) has kidnapped 12 (Hazel) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Kate), they seek out 3 (Mr. Knightley), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this story?
- Strange! Not sure what kind of sinister plan Lucy would come up with!
I have about ten minutes to write a post, there are no good pictures already on the computer and I have no idea what to write about! Fortunately, I have been tagged! Thanks for helping me out of a blogging jam, Mylena!
1. I saw a movie in the theater last week (which is a rarity!). 2. I almost always have someone in my lap while I'm on the computer (right now it's Olivia). 3. I have worn something that I've made every day this week (I used to never do that!) 4. I wore my thrift store pea coat today for the first time (see this post). 5. This blog is one year, one month and eleven days old. 6. I like drinking very strong teas. 7. My internet homepage is currently Anthropologie.