2 skeins of Perle Cotton in two colors
Crochet Hook size 5 (1.7 mm)
1) Chain 6. Slip stitch into first chain to form a ring.
2) First Petal: chain 3, 2 treble into ring, 1 double into ring, 1 single into ring.
3) Second Petal: 1 double, 2 treble, 1 double, 1 single into ring.
4) Third Petal: work same as Second Petal.
5) Fourth Petal: 1 double, 2 treble, 1 double, 1 single into ring. Slip stitch into first chain of beginning chain three.
6) Chain 1. Cut thread and pull through chain to knot. Weave in tails.
1) First Leaf: slip stitch between two petals.
2) Chain 3. *Wrap thread around hook twice as if preparing for a treble. Go into the same stitch as your slip stitch and bring up a loop. Pull through two loops twice.* You should have two loops left on your hook.
3) Repeat from * to * once. You should now have three loops on your hook.
4) Pull through all three loops. Chain 1. Cut thread and pull through chain to knot. Weave in tails.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 for Second Leaf.
Notes: The trick to the flower is to keep the stitches pushed together tightly on the ring, otherwise there will not be room for all your petals. An even tension is also important. Please let me know if you think this needs any corrections or revisions.