Saturday, May 29, 2010

This Week... Contentment

First of all, I apologize for the lack of updates. The truth is I have only lately returned from an absence of three weeks. All of the posts you have read for the last month were scheduled in April and early May. I kept a private travel blog while I was gone and hope to be able to share it with you very soon.

Secondly, in place of a scripture verse today I would like to share a quote from a book I have just finished. Though the Bible should be our ultimate source of comfort, joy and inspiration I think that the words of the men and women of faith who, though not directly inspired and infused with the Holy Ghost, were inspired by God's Word are nearly as valuable to us as the Word itself. Without further ado a portion of the next to the last paragraph of Til We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis.

I ended my first book with the words no answer. I know now, Lord, why you utter no answer. You are yourself the answer. Before your face questions die away. What other answer would suffice?

No comments: