Saturday, January 8, 2011

January Reading List

"So, what are you reading now?" is a popular question amongst myself and my friends. You can tell a lot about a person from what they read... or don't read. I decided to post about what books I plan to read each month (and hopefully, though I make no promises, short reviews when I finish them). As you will see, I enjoy a variety of genres and try to mix light and heavy books. I am also doing some previewing for my little sister. So, here we go! January's list:


Joy: A Godly Woman's Adornment by Lydia Brownback

 Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy

 Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson 

 The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

 Yes, I have this edition! It was on sale at Anthro!

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

 

What do think? I would love to hear your thoughts! Do you find book reviews useful, or not so much? Have you read any of these? If so, are they good or am I wasting my time?

 Have a wonderful Sunday! 

6 comments:

emily said...

i personally *love* shannon hale and princess academy was the first of hers that i read. i hope you enjoy it as much as i did/do!

Kate said...

Hi Caroline! Missing you SO much over here! You have a great reading list...I'm also a fan of Shannon Hale's books (although it's been a couple of years!)I think you'll enjoy it! We recently watched the movie of "Under the Greenwood Tree" (with Keely Hawes and a couple of other familiar faces) and it was so cute! I hope the book is just as good! Let me know. :) Love you!

Rebecca Ann said...

I love hearing what others are reading and I myself was going to post about my list as well. I would love to hear your thoughts on these as well as reviews! what a great idea! I also want to do that more often on my blog. I believe it will motivate me to read each evening and morning even more.

In Christ,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I really like Shannon Hale's books, and Princess Academy was one of my favvorites. I've never heard of the others though.
-Katrinka

Christine said...

Your reading list looks fantastic! Joy: A Godly Woman's Adornment looks really good! I just listed my reading list, too! Blessings!

Bekah said...

I also love Shannon Hale's books and Princess Academy was also the first of her books that I read. I hope you enjoy it!