Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cowboy Cookies

Hello! It seems like a long time since I posted. I've been pretty busy with school and sewing, as usual I have more projects going on than I can safely handle (do I have six or was it seven?). Anyway, I decided to bake cookies this morning so here is a recipe for you.

Cowboy Cookies

Wet and Sweet Ingredients:
1 cup Shortening
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1 Egg

Dry Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 cup Flour

Fun Ingredients:
Raid the pantry and see what you find!
Today I used 1/2 cup each of oatmeal, crushed bran cereal, raisins and milk chocolate chips. I have also seen them made with dried cranberries, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the Wet and Sweet ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the Dry ingredients and mix well. Add your Fun ingredients and mix again. Drop by the spoonful on a baking sheet and bake for ten minutes. Let sit on baking sheet for five minutes before removing.

Yield: About 2 Dozen

No comments: