Friday, October 24, 2008

Oatmeal Anyone?

Do you ever just want something but don't know why? I wanted oatmeal cookies. I went online and found this recipe. I changed it just a little and let me tell you, they were wonderful. Please don't ask how many I ate for that is a secret that cannot be revealed... (actually, I just don't remember, but I know it was quite a few *grin*).

Ingredients
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Butter (1 stick), softened
1 1/4 cups Oatmeal
1 Egg
3 tablespoons Milk
1 cup all-purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Preparation
Preheat oven to 375° F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter until well blended. Add the oatmeal, egg, and milk, stirring well. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Gradually add to the oatmeal mixture, stirring well. Stir in the vanilla. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls, spaced about 1 inch apart, onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Yield: About 2 Dozen


No comments: