Saturday, March 6, 2010

This Week... Faithfulness

The little sulk, William Adolphe Borguereau, 1888

'...if they violate my statutes
   and do not keep my commandments,
then I will punish their transgression with the rod
   and their iniquity with stripes,
but I will not remove from him my steadfast love
   or be false to my faithfulness.'
Psalm 89:31-33 (ESV)

I find these to be comforting verses. As followers of Christ, no matter what we do God will always be faithful to us. He is steady and unchanging, a rarity in our present, forever shifting world.

1 comment:

Mrs. Gore said...

Indeed, it is amazing how fast our own affections to one another can change with real or imagined offenses. To think that God will not cast us aside under any circumstance nor retract His love is astounding! Truly this is the grace of God - an undeserved gift that is humbling, yet we so easily forget! And our enemy tries to make us feel estranged from "God Who never leaves us" through guilt and through his accusations against us!